Publications – The Delius Society Journal
The Delius Society Journal is widely regarded as one of the most authoritative of its kind. It is published twice a year, in April and October, runs to some 120 pages and contains a mixture of scholarly and more general articles on Delius’s life and work. It is received by libraries and musical institutions throughout the world.
Past issues have included reports of events held in the 150th anniversary year, including a major conference at the British Library with renowned guest speakers from the UK and abroad; the life of Robert Threlfall (1918-2014); and Delius and the First World War, with an extended article by Dr Lionel Carley and insights into some of the works Delius composed during the 1914-18 period from conductors and players, including Bo Holten and Julian Lloyd Webber.
Other recent articles have included:
- A series on works dedicated to Delius
- The reception of Dance Rhapsody No 1
- A tribute to Felix Aprahamian
- Information on newly acquired Delius manuscripts
- The Norwegian and Danish songs
- Delius’s Swedish Connections
- Chasing Late Swallows
Regular features in every issue are:
- Reports of the Society’s meetings in London and elsewhere
- A selection of lighter pieces – both serious and amusing – concerning Delius and related matters of interest
- Reviews of concert performances, books and recordings of interest to Society members
- A list of concerts and recitals in Britain and abroad which include Delius’s more significant music.
Contribute to the Journal
The Journal Editor is always interested in receiving articles or information – including details of concerts which include a Delius work. She can be contacted at: Journal@TheDeliusSociety.org.uk or on 01276 516945.
To view past Journals
The Delius Society Journal (originally called the Newsletter) from its earliest days up to two years ago, can be read here
Receiving the Journal
The Delius Society Journal is free to members, but copies may be purchased by non-members of the Society at a cost of £6 each from the current Editor (telephone: 01276 516945 or 07940 888508, email: Journal@TheDeliusSociety.org.uk)
Cheques should be made payable to ‘The Delius Society’.